Wednesday 15 August 2007

Epiphany Extension Finsished , Call For Test

I have finished the epiphany extension for beagle. It is written in python now.
You can follow the instruction in wiki to install and test.
What the extension does:
  • auto index (regular expression based filter)
  • on-demand index (current page or linked page/file)
  • prompt for keyword when on-demand index
  • i18n support (using gettext)
There are some problems not solved yet.
  • Currently, there is no UI to edit config , you have to edit config file by hand . But the format is simple , you can have a look at this.
  • It still have some problems in content-type detective. E
    ven for loaded pages , epiphany only tell us the page is "HTML" ,"XML","IMAGE", or "OTHER". It's hard to decide the correct content type.
  • UI is simple . All pure-text menu items . I should use some icons.

2 comments:

petetow said...

I am interested in python, I have never used it and wondered what the benefits are it,

sbackl said...

There are so many languages today it is sometimes difficult to choose whats best for which application, I took on a project to write an application for tesco sat nav systems, it took me longer to decide on the language (and problems I may have) than it did to write the program.